I found a great website, Energy Savers, with energy saving tips for Mobile Eastern Shore homeowners. This site provides homeowners with tips for saving energy and money at home and on the road.
By following just a few of the simple tips found on this Energy Savers Web site, you can make your home more comfortable and easier to heat and cool-while you save money. The site also helps you beat the high cost of fuel, with driving and car maintenance tips to save you money on the road.
Some easy low-cost and no-cost ways to save energy include:
- Install a programmable thermostat to keep your house comfortably warm in the winter and comfortably cool in the summer.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs with the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use (TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power).
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120°F.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Drive sensibly. Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration and braking) wastes gasoline.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR label on home appliances and products. ENERGY STAR products meet strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.
The information on this Web site is also available in PDF format (PDF 2.7 MB).
If you are a Mobile Eastern shore homeowner, I encourage you to check out Energy Savers. Following a few of their suggestions will not only put more money in your pocket, but make our planet healthier and greener.
If you are thinking about buying a Mobile Eastern shore home, visit JudySells.com. It’s a great place to learn about Mobile Eastern shore real estate and view Mobile Eastern Shore homes for sale.