Buying a Mobile Eastern Shore home is one of the biggest investments people make, and the process usually begins with choosing a real estate agent.Continue reading
Buying a Mobile AL home is one of the biggest investments people make, and the process usually begins with choosing a real estate agent.
According to the 2007 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, 79 percent of recent buyers used a real estate professional, while only 7 percent bought the house directly from the owner.
When choosing an agent, 43 percent of all buyers relied on friends, relatives and neighbors for referrals; that percentage jumped to 54 percent among first-time buyers.
Nearly eight of 10 first-time buyers said the most important benefit of a real estate agent was helping them understand the process. Agents also help buyers become more educated consumers – almost half of all buyers said their agent pointed out unnoticed features/faults with properties they were considering.
The relationship between a Mobile AL home buyer and his or her buyer’s agent must be based on trust, mutual goals and understanding. The buyer entrusts the buyer’s agent with putting his or her interests first and foremost. Here are some things to consider when choosing a Mobile AL real estate agent, compliments of LendingTree.com.
Some things to look for in a buyer’s agent
- An understanding of your needs.
- A willingness to work with you until your needs are fulfilled.
- A familiarity with the neighborhoods you like.
- Experience with the price range in which you have an interest.
- Professional designations: for example, GRI, Graduate of the REALTORS® Institute or CRS, Certified
- Residential Specialist.
- Strong references from previous buyers.
Some questions to ask a prospective buyer’s agent
- How long have you been in real estate?
- Are you a full-time buyer’s agent?
- Are you familiar with the area in which we want to look?
- How many home sales did you participate in last year?
- What is the average sold price of the homes you sold last year.
- Do you normally work with sellers or buyers?
- How many buyers are you presently working with? How many sellers? Where do you feel your strengths lie?
- What three buyers that you have worked with can you give me as references?
- Will you handle the appraisal, inspection and insurance?
- Will you be present at closing?
If you are a Mobile AL home buyer and looking for a real estate professional to represent you, give us a call, 251-99–0569. We understand how important buying a home is and are glad to spend as much time interviewing with you as you need.
Learn more about Mobile AL homes and the home buying process on our website, JudySells.com.